WIOA Wednesday (on Mon) Employer Engagement to Support People with Disabilities in the Labor Force
3:00 PM ~ 4:00 PM ET
This webinar is focused on strategies to improve coordination between the public workforce system and employers to help businesses overcome barriers to recruiting, hiring, and training individuals with disabilities.
The webinar will be presented in three key parts. First, identifying the key Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) provisions on employer engagement and promoting work based training. Second, highlighting successful strategies and barriers in working with employers to find jobs for the disability population. Finally, sharing insights on best practices of different technology tools currently being applied to help individuals with disabilities thrive and succeed in the workplace.
David Jones, Workforce Analyst, U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration
Kathleen West-Evans, Director of Business Relations and National Employment Team (NET), Council of State Administrators of Vocational Rehabilitation (CSAVR)
Josh Christianson, Project Director, Partnership on Employment & Accessible Technology (PEAT)
You Might Also Like
- Greater Washington Works: IT and Health Careers with Promise...
- A Toolkit for Building Successful Community College-Employer...
- The 30-Second and Top 20 Trainings on Accessibility, Employe...
- Program Guides, Manuals and Handbooks to Aid in Program Deve...
- WIOA National Convening Event Session Materials and Resource...