An Employment Network (EN) is an entity that enters into an agreement with the Social Security Administration (SSA) to either provide or coordinate the delivery of services to Social Security disability beneficiaries. The U.S. Department of Labor encourages public workforce system entities to become active ENs as part of its comprehensive effort to expand the capacity of the American Job Center network to serve people receiving Social Security disability benefits.
Participation as a workforce system in the Ticket to Work program has resulted in positive outcomes in two key areas by: 1) providing a source of income to help the American Job Center enhance services; and 2) helping job seekers with disabilities who are receiving SSA benefits return to or enter the workforce. The following technical assistance resources can support workforce entities in learning more about the EN process.
- NEW Ticket to Work: Operating a Workforce EN Planning Guide and Workbook - Designed to assist state and local area workforce leadership in the process of applying to become an EN and/or who are new to providing EN services. It includes a set of activities (e.g., checklists, discussion questions, exercises) to help walk through the process to make an informed decision.
- EN Ticket Assessment Guide – This resource is designed to help you understand how to evaluate potential beneficiaries who are appropriate to assign and serve through the Ticket to Work program.
- EN Resource Documents - Resource link from the SSA providing numerous resources for ENs, including an overview of the Ticket Program payment structure, Ticket Program Agreement, and other relevant resources.
- Timely Progress Guidelines - This resource link outlines the Timely Progress Guidelines which must be met annually by Ticket holders in order to retain medical Continuing Disability Review protections.
- Customized Workforce Individualized Work Plan (IWP) - This template has been developed to support Workforce ENs in working with Ticket Holders as a possible reference guide to adopt.
- "Example" of the IWP – This form provides an example of the IWP completed with the required elements that the Ticket Program Manager would want to see referenced.
- DEI Workforce EN Community of Practice - This Community of Practice provides examples of promising practices of current and former local and state-level DEI project staff who are operating Workforce ENs to assist Ticket Holders in AJCs.
- EN / Ticket to Work Contact Information – The SSA Contact Us Page Link to get more information about ENs and the Ticket to Work Program.
- Types of ENs - This SSA resource link highlights the different EN options and models.
- WorkforceGPS Webinar on Ticket to Work Program: An Aligned Mission to WIOA – A September 12, 2018 webinar moderated by ETA that provides a helpful broad overview of the program combined with specific EN examples highlighted by field offices.