Accommodation and Support Information
- How to Manage Trauma Infographic - The Substance Abuse and Mental Agency (SAMHSA) posted an infographic from the National Council on Behavioral Health that outlines some of the warning signs of trauma and helpful tips on how to seek treatment.
- Training Module on PTSD- The Job Accommodation Network (JAN) developed a 25-minute training module that provides an overview of PTSD combined with exploring workplace accommodation solutions.
- PTSD Accommodation Resource Page- JAN developed a resource page focused in making a connection to the American with Disabilities Act, questions to consider, and accommodation ideas.
- Behavioral Health Treatment Service Locator – SAMHSA developed a treatment services locator on its website to help individuals find services in your area.
Veterans in Focus
- National Center for PTSD- Among military veterans, PTSD is sometimes common resulting from war and combat. This link to the National Center for the PTSD of the U.S. Veteran Affairs website is focused on providing the latest research findings to help those exposed to trauma.
- EEOC Resource Document - On December 12, 2016, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) published a resource document titled, “Depression, PTSD, & Other Mental Health Conditions in the Workplace: Your Legal Rights,” which most notably included rights of those with PTSD as a mental health condition under the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA).