- Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS): The BLS, within the U.S. Department of Labor, publishes a monthly jobs report that includes the employment status of the civilian population by sex, age, and disability status.
- CDC – Disability and Health Data System (DHDS): Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) developed a resource providing instant access to state-level health and demographic data about adults with disabilities.
- Disability - U.S. Census Bureau: The Disability Section of the U.S. Census Bureau website highlights disability data through postings of publications, visual charts, and working papers.
- Cornell University Online Resource on U.S. Disability Statistics: This link allows users to download both national/state disability population status reports and access research tools. The website also includes useful frequently asked questions to consider when using disability statistics.
- University of Montana Research and Training Center on Disability in Rural Communities: This link allows users to access data about disability in rural areas and communities across the country.
- University of New Hampshire Annual Disability Statistics Compendium: The Compendium is a web-based tool that pools disability statistics published by various federal agencies together in one place. The link includes a concise 2019 Disability Statistics Annual Report and County Reports to track disability statistics in your local area.
WorkforceGPS and Other Resources
- WIOA Title I Data Snapshot: ETA developed an interactive infographic focused on workforce services provided to individuals with barriers to employment, including people with disabilities under WIOA Title I programs (Adult, Dislocated Worker, and Youth).
- Understanding and Applying Disability Data: On May 23, 2018, ETA hosted a webinar highlighting disability employment trends and how front-line practitioners have successfully applied existing data tools and resources to more effectively meet the needs of customers.
- DRIVE Disability Employment: The DRIVE link, sponsored by ODEP, allows users to find specific state data disability information on labor force participation. Simply click on a state to view that state’s full profile, including all data points, vocational rehabilitation profile, and relevant state initiatives.