Disability Technical Assistance Videos
Tired of reading documents and reports? These videos can help you learn about disability employment issues as well as humanize the work we do to help connect the pieces. With Oscar award season now here, ETA has rolled out its own red carpet so we can share with you videos to support our everyday work. So sit back, relax, and enjoy these 10 short informative videos covering a diverse range of disability topics.
- Finding Integration: Success in American Job Centers (AJC) (11 min) - Take a road trip with WINTAC and learn how three different AJCs define “service integration”. Make stops on the front lines in Creston, IA; Covington, KY; and Woodbridge, VA, and learn about best practices and innovative customer service flow to maximize seamless service delivery.
- Integrated Resource Team Model (14 min) - Learn about an innovative customer centered approach within an AJC in Portland, OR that involves diversified service systems coordinating services and leveraging funding to meet the needs of an individual job seeker with a disability.
- Assistive Technology (AT) in Action (7 videos 4-6 min) - Short videos by PACER that offer real-world examples of how AT is making a difference in the lives of students with disabilities. AT devices can be highly effective tools to help individuals with disabilities participate fully in school, at home, and in the community.
- Job Accommodation Network (JAN) Tools (4 min) - Through this animation, learn how JAN can help you increase the productivity of your workplace using low-cost, practical solutions to accommodation situations.
- Technology Related Aspects of WIOA (3 min) - The Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) includes a provision that comprehensive AJCs and affiliated sites must be physically and programmatically accessible to individuals with disabilities. This video by PEAT further outlines that WIOA provision.
- Unconscious Biases: Shattering Assumptions and Surprising Ourselves (5 min) - Through this creative animation, learn about unconscious biases against people with disabilities and their ability to work in the competitive workplace and how to challenge those assumptions.
- Disability Sensitivity (4 min) - Learn strategies to become more disability aware and sensitive through examples of awkward or insensitive communications intermixed with tips on effective communication with individuals with disabilities.
- At Your Service: Engaging Customers with Disabilities (20 min) - Learn about best practices offering insights, tips, and recommendations on how to provide exemplary customer service to individuals with disabilities.