The Business 30-Second Training Series and complementary Business Resource Guide were developed with a business focus and designed to educate businesses, hiring managers and supervisors about proven strategies and easy-to-use resources that can assist in retaining and accommodating existing employees who experience onset of a disability.
These tools (e.g. 30-Second Trainings and Resource Guide) will also provide valuable information and sources of support to business in hiring qualified employees who experience a disability, including strategies and resources that can assist in effectively accommodating all employees in achieving their maximum potential and productivity level.
Business 30-Second Training Series Categories:
Note: These 30-Second Trainings should be viewed as a "Slide Show".
Section 503 Final Rule
- 1. What is Section 503?
- 2. Where can you find information and resources on the Final Rule of Section 503?
- 3. Does Section 503 implement changes resulting from passage of the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA)?
- 4. When do federal contractors / subcontractors have to comply with the Section 503 Final Rule?
- 5. Under Section 503, do contractors have an obligation regarding disability self-identification?
- 6. What does disability mean for me as an employer/business owner?
- 7. What are the benefits of making my business disability friendly?
- 8. What are the benefits of accommodating an employee with a disability?
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Basics
- 9. Who has protections under the ADA?
- 10. What employers have compliance responsibilities under the ADA?
Recruitment and Hiring Strategies
- 11. Why should I hire a person with a disability?
- 12. How can I find qualified employment candidates with disabilities?
- 13. What questions can I ask when interviewing an applicant with a disability?
- 14. What is a State Vocational Rehabilitation Agency and how can it help me?
- 15. Where can I find a short online video that dispels 10 common myths about hiring people with disabilities?
- 16. What are the benefits of becoming an Employer Partner with SSA’s Ticket to Work Program?
- 17. I've hired a person with a disability. Now what? (Overview of legal requirements and practical strategies)
- 18. What is a reasonable accommodation?
- 19. What should I do when my employee asks me for an accommodation?
- 20. What are some ways I can accommodate ALL my employees?
- 21. Under the ADA, can I discipline or fire an employee with a disability?
- 22. What tax incentives are available for employers who hire people with disabilities?