ADA Network Planning Guide to Make Events Accessible
The ADA Network published this Planning Guide in July 2015 to assist organizations to make temporary venues such as conferences or sports events accessible to individuals with disabilities.
The Guide will assist planners, managers, operators and building owners in making temporary events such as conferences, sporting events and other temporary venues accessible to people with disabilities.
This guide acquaints the reader with:
-- The value of making temporary events accessible.
-- An overview of the law.
-- Planning strategies to help prevent discrimination.
-- Typical barriers encountered by people with disabilities and solutions for removal.
-- Methods of locating and coordinating available resources to achieve accessibility.
This guide addresses most questions about how to host an accessible temporary event. For more information or to ask a question, please call the ADA National Network at their toll free number - 1-800-949-4232.
You Might Also Like
- 10 Things to Know about the Americans with Disabilities Act
- Planning Guide for Making Temporary Events Accessible to Peo...
- #Inclusion Works - National Disability Employment Awareness ...
- The Playlists: Disability Resources for WIOA Practitioners
- Role-Public Transportation as Access Mode: Survey of Persons...