The Disability and Employment Community of Practice is an online learning destination for public workforce system staff and partners, jobseekers, community-based organizations, grantees, and the business sector, who provide services and programs to people with disabilities and/or other challenges to employment. It is a “one-stop-shop” venue for workforce practitioners to find or share high quality information about how to better provide integrated, seamless, and accessible services and programs to people with disabilities and/or other challenges to employment. By participating in the Disability and Employment Community of Practice, you will be able to: Explore best practices that have been working for others and which may work in your own region; Look up specific information, training, or toolkits to help you do your job better; Ask your specific workforce questions to get answers from your peers and experts; Access the latest live training and upcoming events in your area of workforce expertise; and Share your own content or knowledge expertise with your peers, to build your “brand” both within your own region and across the USA.
To get started participating right away, please join our community! It only takes a moment, and will give you access to all of these great Community Services:
- Find Information: Finding the exact information and resources you’re looking for is easy! Navigate to our Resources page, and click on a topic or type of resource that you’re looking for. Or, enter a search term that describes what you’re looking for in the Search box at the top of any page. Or, click on any topic on the menu bar on any page, or navigate our most popular resources and searches listed on the Home page to see what your peers are finding useful. Our resources are listed in multiple ways, so they’re easy to find no matter what you’re looking for!
- Participate in Discussions and/or Community Chats: On our Discussions page you can ask questions, get answers, or share your own expertise to build your “social capital” in your field and help your peers to advance their workforce programs.
- Find Upcoming Events: Find and register for upcoming events listed in the Announcements section on the Home page.
- Be “In the Loop”: Subscribe to our site updates to receive E-mail Notifications about new discussions, expert posts, resources, or training items posted on the Community. You can choose whether you want to be notified instantly, daily, or weekly.
- Get Help: If you have questions about how to use this Community site, visit our Help page for step-by-step tutorials and videos. If you’ve got workforce questions and you can’t find a resource, announcement, or a discussion about it, try asking the question on the Discussion forum, or you can Contact Us and we’ll try to help.